Wednesday, July 20, 2011

re-writing memories

so like you. whiskey in the freezer and ice cream melting on the counter into a summer puddle. this is something i never thought i would be scrambling to dissect.
ariel pink. animal collective. who was it?
i don't really like black and white movies and i'll probably fall asleep.
and i did. with you stroking your fingers through my confused mop of hair.
i don't know what the movie was. and now i'm mostly glad i don't. i would likely find myself torturing myself late at night with its flickers.
none of it even mattered. i was there for the comfortableness and the human connection.
simple touches. complicated matters of heart. and millions of questions.
i never thought i would make any difference.
i see you everywhere. riding your bike. walking down the sidewalk with a buzzed head or floppy mo-hawk.
i never thought it would be like this.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is about Loren. I could be wrong of course. But I'm reminded of Loren when I read it. Then again, I"m hard pressed to find something that doesn't remind me of that tall drink of water who used to lean over my kitchen counter and keep me company while I baked. Either way, this is a fine bit of writing. I'm glad I got to have a moment with the two of your together.

    ReplyDelete